There’s nothing quite like the excitement of getting your Young Living Premium Starter Kit, opening it for the first time and gazing at the beautiful bottles found inside!
But then you might start to panic and wonder what you’re going to do with all these oils! Never fear, here are a few easy ways to make the most of your Premium Starter Kit!
ODOR ELIMINATING DIFFUSER BLEND
Now that you’ve got a beautiful new diffuser, use it to clean and freshen the air without the harmful chemicals that candles and other air freshener products have.
- 5 drops Purification oil
- 3 drops Lavender oil
- Fill diffuser with distilled water, then put in essential oils
- Breathe easy!
Recipe courtesy of Essential Oil Obsessed
Lemon water is such a great way to wake up in the morning. It doesn’t have the sour bite that lemon juice has, but all the wonderful benefits!
- Add 1 or 2 drops of Lemon Vitality to water
- Shake or stir depending on your container, but please always make sure it is made of glass (plastic and oils don’t play nice together)!
This was one of the first DIY beauty/cosmetic products I tried. It was love at first sniff! I feel so much better knowing that I’m avoid all the gross chemicals of traditional deodorants and antiperspirants. You don’t want that stuff getting into your body
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 10 drops Purification oil
- Mix ingredients using a stand mixer or by hand (you may need to melt coconut oil first, but it’s not necessary)
- Store in a glass container (I use a mason jar)
- Place mixture in the fridge for several hours to set
- Apply to arm pits with fingertips
If the mixture ever becomes too runny for you (perhaps during the hotter summer months), just put it back in the fridge for a couple hours.
Recipe courtesy of Annie’s Simple Life
This DIY lotion feels amazing on my face! Although Tea Tree is not included in the current version of the Premium Starter Kit, I add it to my lotion to support blemish fighting!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 7 drops Lavender oil
- 7 drops Frankincense oil
- 1-3 drops of liquid Vitamin E (optional)
- Whip all ingredients together
- Store in glass container
- Place in fridge for several hours to set
Recipe courtesy of Unexpected Elegance
OILS ON THE GO! DIY CAR DIFFUSER
Everyone loves a nice smelling car! But those traditional car air fresheners are GROSS. But you can easily make a felt diffuser to use in your vehicle. No automobile is complete without a tree-shaped freshener hanging from the rear view mirror… this one is just a little less toxic
- Cut felt into any shape you’d like
- Hang on your rear view mirror and put a few drops of your favorite EO on the felt. Try Stress Away… perfect for an unexpected traffic jam or fussy kids!
- Reapply as needed. (It’s not uncommon to add more when it’s hot outside, the oils burn off faster in the heat!)
Shameless plug… Visit my Etsy shop if you want to buy one!
Here in Michigan, bugs and outdoor critters are a pain in the butt! I’ve taken this outdoor spray camping and just on everyday outdoor excursions.
- 6 oz witch hazel
- 10 drops of Peppermint oil
- 10 drops of Thieves oil
- 5 drops of Purification oil
- Put all ingredients into an 8 oz spray bottle (glass or stainless steel)
- Shake to mix before each use
Recipe courtesy of Crystal and Co.
NIGHT TIME DIFFUSER BLEND
Night time is one of my favorite times to diffuse lavender because it’s so calming! Try this night time blend if you’ve got a snorer in the family (I have to raise my hand, I’m the one sawing logs in our house).
- 3 to 5 drops of Lavender oil
- Optional oils in your Premium Starter Kit: Stress Away, Frankincense
- Place in diffuser with water about a half hour before you go to sleep or run the diffuser when you hit the hay!
Other oils to consider adding to your night time routine: Cedarwood, Vetiver, Peace and Calming (I or II), Chamomile… the possibilities are endless!
It’s always good to keep in mind that oils affect people in different ways. For example, Lavender knocks my husband out at night, while Cedarwood is more effective for me. Try different combinations to see what works for you.
How to get these essential oils
These seven recipes don’t even begin to scratch the surface of all the ways that essential oils can be incorporated into your everyday life. With the Premium Starter Kit, you can get the biggest bang for your buck when getting started with essential oils. Young Living chose these eleven oils for a reason – because they are so versatile!
If you haven’t signed up to become a member of Young Living yet, I hope you’ll consider joining me on the journey to wellness. Click here to join. If you sign up using my member # 3869797, I will include some special goodies and resources!
Did you like these seven everyday essential oil recipes? If so, I can publish more ways to use the oils found in the Premium Starter Kit!